- DM Cardiology, AIIMS, New Delhi (2002)
- MD, Internal Medicine from Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati
- MBBS, Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati
- M. Sc. in Physics, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Prasanthinilayam, Andhra Pradesh
Area of Interest
- Coronary Artery Interventions
- Pacemaker and devices
- Hypertension and Lipids
- Preventive Cardiology
- MD and Chief of Cardiology, Excelcare Hospitals Guwahati (present)
- Chief of Cardiology, Apollo Hospitals, Guwahati (May,2005-Sept,2017)
- Assistant Professor of Cardiology, NEIGRHIMS, Shillong (October, 2004-April, 2005)
- Consultant Cardiology, GNRC Heart Institute, Dispur, Guwahati (February,2003-2004)
- International Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology (2014)
- Fellow of American College of Cardiology (2014)
- Member, Cardiological Society of India
- President, Cardiological Society of Assam.
- Honorary Secretary, Cardiology Society of India-North East Chapter (2005-2011)
- Founder member of Lipid Association of India.
- Member –expert panel for Indian guidelines in Lipids (LAI)
- Member of the Review Committee for the India Guidelines for Hypertension.
- Member of Editorial Board of Indian Heart Journal.
- National and Regional faculty of the courses conducted by Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) for past 3 years
- Course coordinator and guest speaker in a number of CME conferences in the NE and other parts of the country and abroad.