CT scan – 128 slice
Some of the Advantages of CT Scan – 128 Slice:
- Acute chest pain can now be evaluated faster with a single scan.
- The test compared to traditional methods is much faster and can take as little as 10 minutes from scan to diagnosis.
- Patients now must hold their breath for almost half the time as the scan speed is much higher.
- Real time images of beating heart make evaluating of heart valves and related structures much more accurate.
- Risks and complications are reduced substantially since cardiac catheterization is no longer required.
- With CT scan – 128 slice, there is no recovery time involved and so patients can leave immediately after their exam.
- The procedure is less expensive than traditional angiography.
Parts of Body that are Examined with High Speed 128-Slice CT:
- Narrowed vessels to diagnose cardiovascular disease
- Arteries and Vessels all over the body to diagnose blockages
- Intestine and Lungs to diagnose pre-cancerous tumours
- To examine bone abnormalities
- To diagnose abnormality of brain issue
- To diagnose abnormality of abdominal tissue